Outside the usual realm of security-things, last week I published a SolarEdge Interface, a command-line and a Python module interface to interact with the SolarEdge API service that’s a decent improvement over the existing ones out there.
In short -
- All (documented) SolarEdge API endpoints are implemented with multisite support for endpoints that provide multisite queries.
- Response data for all endpoints are available as a Python-dict structure; a Pandas-DataFrame or; as raw-JSON.
- The command-line interface output can be formatted as a CSV; as a Pandas style JSON structure or; as plain-JSON.
- Timestamps can be returned as datetime values with their respective site timezones applied. Doing so is the default behaviour, however this can be disabled if required.
- Configuration via environment variables or config file is possible, thus making it safer to manage your API key value(s).
pip install [--upgrade] solaredge-interface
Usage: solaredge-interface [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]... The solaredge-interface provides a command-line interface to interact with the Python SolarEdgeAPI module which itself calls the SolarEdge public API endpoints at https://monitoringapi.solaredge.com making it even easier to access your data from SolarEdge. Configuration can be achieved through command arguments, environment values or config file. Documentation available https://solaredge-interface.readthedocs.io Options: -c, --config TEXT Override default config ~/.solaredge-interface -f, --format TEXT Output format; csv, json, pandas (default: json) -v, --verbose Verbose logging messages (debug level). -q, --quiet Quiet mode, with priority over --verbose -W, --disable-warnings Disable Python warnings. --version Show the version and exit. --help Show this message and exit. Commands: accounts Get the accessible >sub< accounts. site_current_power_flow Current power flow between all elements of... site_data_period Sites(s) start_date and end_date of... site_details Get site details; name, location, status,... site_energy Site(s) energy measurements site_energy_details Detailed site energy measurements from meters site_environmental_benefits Environmental benefits based on site energy... site_equipment_change_log Equipment component replacements ordered by... site_equipment_data Get specific inverter data for a given... site_equipment_sensors Sensors in the site and connections site_inventory Inventory of SolarEdge equipment at the site site_meters Meter lifetime energy, metadata and... site_overview Sites(s) overview data site_power Site(s) power measurements site_power_details Detailed site power measurements from meters site_storage_data Detailed storage information from batteries site_time_frame_energy Site(s) total energy produced for a given... sites Get the list of accessible sites version_current Current version in <major.minor.revision>... version_supported Supported version numbers in...