B.Eng from the University of NSW, co-Founder of Sensory Networks (acquired by Intel Corporation); Vice President Security, Bukalapak.com (Jakarta); Vice President Security, Freelancer.com (Sydney); Security Analyst, Securify (Palo Alto); and Information Security Consultant, Kroll O’Gara (New York).
Cybersecurity Engineering, Leadership and Management with ~20 years experience. Extensive experience establishing, building and operating companies in Information Security, Financial Services and Online Marketplaces in Sydney, New York, San Francisco and Manila, Philippines.
Senior roles in technology based organisations with head-of Cybersecurity responsibility and consulting roles ranging deep technical hands-on through high-level assessment and management functions. Experienced in industries spanning; Large scale online marketplaces (55M+ users); Licensed money escrow ($1Bn annual); Network security hardware design and manufacture; Anti-malware software-development and related signature-distribution; Computational finance; Mining and resources; and Online gaming/gambling industries.
Active in security-engineering development projects; extensive technical knowledge ranging security fundamentals and protocols; modern security engineering and operations (SecDevOps); network engineering; software development and deployment; and infrastructure operations (DevOps);
Managed and led various security-compliance projects; Cybersecurity regulator audits and incident investigations; third party reviews among customers, investors and insurers. Experienced in engaging with law-enforcement on cyber-incidents; various payments fraud and at-scale abuse incidents.
Very keen sense for open-source and non-vendor solutions to provide appropriate security in production-infrastructure and enterprise-network environments; led the purchase of various high-dollar value Cybersecurity tools and platforms.
- Vice President of Security, Bukalapak.com
- Vice President of Security, Freelancer.com
- Chief Information Officer, Sensory Networks
- Information Security Consultant, Kroll O’Gara
2015 - Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- Executive Program for Growing Companies
1993 - 1997 - University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mining
- Thesis: Mining Stock Forecasting Using Media Sentiment as an Added Indicator
- US 7082044 - Apparatus and method for memory efficient, programmable, pattern matching finite state machine hardware. (Issued July 25, 2006)
- US 7219319 - Apparatus and method for generating state transition rules for memory efficient programmable pattern matching finite state machine hardware. (Issued May 15, 2007)
- US 7301792 - Apparatus and method of ordering state transition rules for memory efficient, programmable, pattern matching finite state machine hardware. (Issued November 27, 2007)
- US 20050114700 - Integrated circuit apparatus and method for high throughput signature based network applications.